“To improve is to change, to be perfect is to change often”, is the policy I follow when it comes to primer. Makeup primer, a gel applied after moisturizer and before foundation, provides a smooth surface on which to apply makeup, and it can also help keep your makeup in place, which is especially important during humid summer months like we live in for most of the year.
Priming is an essential step in any makeup routine. Not only is it great for your skin, but it is necessary in ensuring your makeup stays flawless from dawn till dusk. This barrier between your skin and your makeup protects you from clogged pores, helps minimize fine lines and acne scaring, and can even temporarily eliminate the appearance of dark spots.
A Few benefits
One of the main benefits of using a makeup primer is it seals your pores. Most makeup primers don’t really have anti-aging properties, though some may include anti-aging ingredients. While they don’t help fight acne, they do help conceal it better and more subtly than concealer, though I’d suggest still using that after you apply primer. Some others will be makeup stays on longer, reduce redness, smoother makeup application, light in weight, easy to apply, softens skin and the absolute best part about using a makeup primer is they work with any skin type, along with any skin color.
My picks after using nearly 30 + primers these have stayed back in my vanity.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer – I placed it No. 1 is cause the primer game started with this magic potion. It comes in varied option but the original is a backup for a failed primer. A transparent primer gel that smoothes skin and blurs flaws. It was developed to help makeup look better and last longer on set. I know it has won many awards and called an Iconic primer. I have used the Pore minimizing, Radiance, and hydrating options as well.
- Stila One Step Corrector - This innovative, triple-swirled helix serum instantly color-corrects, brightens and covers skin imperfections for a flawless face with no fuss.
- Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer – this replenishing face primer is your instant cure. It hydrates, smoothes and brightens skin for a dewy, healthy looking finish. My current staple.
- COVER FX Calming Primer - A soothing primer that helps reduce redness and soothes highly sensitive, inflamed, and irritated skin.
- Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer – Its not hyped for no reason, this Quickly minimizes the appearance of pores & fine lines for smoother-than-smooth skin!
- Embryolisse Lait - Crème Concentre – A real beauty secret, favored by dermatologists for decades; A nourishing, multitasking moisturizer that primes, hydrates, and removes all traces of makeup.
So don’t commit the crime lets prime.